The JumpStart NEXT Fund is a $20M for-profit venture fund focused on early-stage technology startups located in Ohio. The fund is designed to make Series A investments typically in the range of $500k and $1.5M.
Characteristics that we seek for investment from the JumpStart NEXT Fund include:
- Experienced leadership/teams that bring passion and relevant domain expertise to the venture and are intellectually curious, coachable, collaborative and motivated to succeed.
- Sustainable competitive advantages resulting from patents, trade secrets, differentiated features/ business models and first mover advantages.
- Large addressable markets (ideally $1B or greater) that are experiencing rapid growth. Companies pursuing markets less than $1B can be considered in select cases and when there is credible evidences of rapid growth in the market.
- Capital efficient business models that require limited capital to develop and commercialize products/services and achieve an exit.
- Exit potential, i.e. expectations of creating a great company with a strategy to achieve liquidity for investors and founders.
Watch The Overview Video Below To Learn More About The JumpStart NEXT Fund
To learn more, click here to download JumpStart’s Investment Funds Overview and FAQ.