The JumpStart NEXT Fund is a $20M for-profit venture fund focused on early-stage technology startups located in Ohio. The fund is designed to make Series A investments typically in the range of $500k and $1.5M.
Characteristics that we seek for investment from the JumpStart NEXT Fund include:
- Experienced leadership/teams that bring passion and relevant domain expertise to the venture and are intellectually curious, coachable, collaborative and motivated to succeed.
- Sustainable competitive advantages resulting from patents, trade secrets, differentiated features/ business models and first mover advantages.
- Large addressable markets (ideally $1B or greater) that are experiencing rapid growth. Companies pursuing markets less than $1B can be considered in select cases and when there is credible evidence of rapid growth in the market.
- Capital efficient business models that require limited capital to develop and commercialize products/services and achieve an exit.
- Exit potential, i.e. expectations of creating a great company with a strategy to achieve liquidity for investors and founders.
Watch The Overview Video Below To Learn More About The JumpStart NEXT Fund