Wefunder to Help Cleveland Businesses Raise Capital
This March, we’re trekking across America to find ambitious businesses to invest in – startups, restaurants, boutiques, breweries, and more.
We’re visiting 100 businesses on our cross-country trip and choosing 20 to feature nationwide. Our team will personally craft their fundraising presentations and launch them across America, equipped with a full-production
All 20 companies can raise up to $1 million online after May 16th. For three of them, we’ll invest $100,000 up front in April.
What we do for featured companies
• We will custom design, write, and code a profile on Wefunder. Our experience raising over $16M for
100+ companies has made us pretty good at pitching online. We’ll interview the founders, film and edit videos, design custom graphics, and work with companies one-on-one to build the best fundraising profile possible.
• We will choose a handful of the most compelling companies and invest 100k up front that they will keep no matter how their campaigns perform.
• Press. This law change is a big deal. For the first time in 80 years, everyone will be able to invest in small businesses. Our PR firm will drum up as much press as possible for the 20 featured companies who will also be featured on the homepage to our 50k investor community.
• Activate their community. Hundreds of customers and fans take on a new identity when they invest as little as $100. Every time they share their love for the company’s product, they also increase the value of their investment. We give companies tools to keep investors updated, and tell them how they can help out.
Who should apply?
• Any business looking for debt or equity financing can use Wefunder to raise money.
• Businesses that have an existing base of customers who are familiar with their product and willing to support them will be the best fit. Think restaurants, boutiques, breweries, clothing designers etc.
Wefunder is a Crowdinvesting platform that has raised over $16 Million for 100+ businesses like Zenefits, Goldbely and others. Their founders helped write the JOBS Act in 2012 and they will be the first platform to accept investments from unaccredited investors when the final legislation goes into effect on May 16th. Wefunder is a graduate of Y Combinator and committed to helping communities invest in the businesses they’re passionate about.
- All Upcoming Events
- September 2022
- October 2022
- November 2022
- All Categories
- Tech Startup Events
- Small Business Events
- Investor Events
- JumpStart Events
- Northeast Ohio Regional Events
- Northwest Ohio Regional Events