Beginners and intermediates will improve skills in data analysis, resources, and visualization tools. Workshops will be held at The Tech Hive.
Day 1, March 20:
9:00 AM to 12:00 PM- Intro to Data Analysis 101
- Learn what exactly data analysis is, who can benefit from learning data analysis, examples of real-world contexts and applications, tools and tips for analyzing and communicating data, and how to design and answer data-driven questions.
1:00 PM to 3:00 PM- Local Data Resources
Day 2, March 21:
9:00 AM to 2:30 PM- Excel for Data Analysis with Civic/Census Data
- Excel is a tool that most people are familiar with, and many people use every day. Excel can be leveraged to unlock the value of open data of all kinds, and it is particularly well-suited to query and visualize open government data from multiple sources. Learn how to access, transform, cleanse, query, and visualize data using tools that are easy to learn and easy to use.
Day 3, March 22:
9:00 AM to 2:30 PM- Data Visualization with Tableau
- This module introduces participants to the basics of Tableau. Specific topics include the different versions of Tableau, connecting to data, types of data, basic visualizations, worksheets, and tips and tricks. By the end of this course, participants will be able to make basic interactive visualizations.
Available promotional codes:
NONPROFIT 50% off (government entities as well)
Students, Fellows, and AmeriCorps members please email Gretchen Mason for discounts.
- All Upcoming Events
- September 2022
- October 2022
- November 2022
- All Categories
- Tech Startup Events
- Small Business Events
- Investor Events
- JumpStart Events
- Northeast Ohio Regional Events
- Northwest Ohio Regional Events