The Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program
Through JumpStart’s Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program, successful Northeast Ohio entrepreneurs and executives share their knowledge, experience and expertise to guide the next generation of entrepreneurs.
The program provides advice and critical experience in areas such as sales, marketing, venture capital fundraising, board formation/management and human resources.
Ideal candidates for the program include startups and scaleups with high-growth potential and large-market opportunities, ranging from pre-revenue to cash-flow positive.
Each client of the Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program is matched with up to four mentors who meet on a consistent, ongoing basis.
Each mentor brings different experiences and expertise to the program, but they all find common ground in tackling the complex challenges faced by entrepreneurs.
Our mentors are seasoned business leaders and succesful entrepreneurs who have built and grown some of Northeast Ohio’s most successful companies.
These mentors donate their time to the program because they believe supporting the next generation of great business leaders is the key to creating a vibrant economy.
From founders and presidents of Fortune 500 companies to venture capitalists and leaders of nationally celebrated tech startups, our ever-growing network of mentors comes from a broad range of business backgrounds.
- Bob Gray Technical Innovation & Business Executive
- Kara Carter Partner, Advancement, JumpStart
- Todd Thompson Executive Vice President, Precision Dialogue
- Kathryn Motiska Principal Consultant, Financial Management Consulting
- Mark Kasinec President & Founder, ChainRing Advisors
- Linda Bluso President, Linda L. Bluso, LLC
- Jennie Zamberlan President & CEO, Avantia, Inc.
- Cathy Lippert Founder & Chief Practitioner, ProdOptic, LLC
- Scott Stephens Principal, Great Lakes Light Works LLC
- Mark Hartel Technology Innovation Advisor
- Paul Stupay Chief Strategist, GrowLogic LLC
- William Cooper Owner, Cooper Legal Group, LLC
- Judi Feninger Business Executive
- Bill Mooney Business Executive
- Tim Austin VP Sales, Group Management Services Inc.
- Jennifer Brooks Career Marketing Professional
- Rick Kluchin President, Encore Wealth Planning
- Chris Tjotjos Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Promithia
- Michael McDonnell Partner, Renovata Partners
- Mike Burke Director, Rudolph Libbe
- Scott Oldham Partner with Hahn, Loeser & Parks
- JB Blackwelder Chief Financial Officer - VP Finance, Crown Battery
- Tom Barrett CEO, 7Signal
- George Snider Of Counsel, Hennes Communications
- Jim Stifler Economic Development Director, City of Hudson
- Jeanne Coughlin President, Coughlin Group
- Rita Brauneck Executive Coach
- Nikki DiFilippo President and CMO, Via Vera Group
- Craig Petz Senior Manager, Value Based Solutions LLC
- Alan Strauss Founder, Sales Concepts, Inc.
- Scot Adkins President/COO, Great Lakes Integrated
- Dan Craft Director of Finance & Administration, Cleveland Hearing & Speech Center
- Jason Shefrin Executive Vice President, interDesign, Inc.
- Michael Goldberg Assistant Professor, Weatherhead School of Management, CWRU
- Thomas Brown Vice President of Global Marketing, GE Healthcare
- Ray DeAngelis Regional Provider Relations, ProMedica Health System/Paramount
- Rodolfo Salas President, RSR International, Inc.
- Tim Hansen CEO, CleanerFood, LLC
- Marc Rossen Attorney at Law
- Rob Matousek Director/GMM - eCommerce, American Greetings
- Dan Rose Angel Investor, Board Member and Entrepreneur
- JJ DiGeronimo President, Tech Savvy Women
- Michelle Moran Regional Director, Involta
- Chris Sklarin Vice President, Edison Partners
- Jon Cocco Global CEO
- Jim Gilbride Area President, FocusCFO
- Fehmida Kapadia Innovation Project Manager, NineSigma
- Paul Patrizi President, Market One, LLC
- Mark Smith Trustee, Cleveland International Film Festival
- Terry Ginley Director of Technology and Mergers & Acquisitions, Socius
- Mike Ryan Operations Executive
- John Opdycke Chief Marketing Office, Vox Mobile
- Peter Chung Associate, Cyprium Partners
- Gene Groys Entrepreneur-in-Residence, Youngstown Business Incubator
- Alan Brenner Principal, A. S. Brenner Consulting
- Tom Furnas Principal, Inglewood Associates
- Ed Rivalsky Healthcare Executive
- Bob Aber Founder & Principal Consultant, Aber Advisors
- Brian Zollar Director of Business Development, Guardian Technologies
- Jack Harley Co-Founder & Co-President, First Power Group LLC
- Ralph Cutcher Owner, Brick House Partners, LLC
- Fred Binstock Chief Financial Officer, Streamlink Software
- Leonard Young Founder & President, Leonard D. Young Co., LLC
- Lee Nielsen Owner, The Nielsen Group
- William Aamoth Senior Finance Executive
- Karen Adame Managing Partner, Operations
- Caroline Barni CMO, Tech Elevator
- Dale Mesnick Principal, PromiseTwo (NEOACQ Holdings)
- Brian Gale President, I.D. Images
- Samuel Gerace CEO, LaunchVector
- Jay Freund Partner, Canal Holdings, LLC
- Marc Rosen President, The Vector Group
- Robert Hurwitz Co-Founder, Office Max
- Matthew Embacher Director, PNC Capital Markets LLC
- Len Cosentino President & CEO, Checkpoint Surgical
- Dan Kellogg Managing Director & Co-Founder, Crystal Venture Funds
- Ofer Pinhasi VP Product Management, MedyMatch Technology Ltd.
- Mark Teague Chief Financial Officer, BioMotiv
- Rahul Aras President & CEO, Juventas Therapeutics
- Mark Molnar Chief Financial Officer, Corporate United
- Gopal Nadkarni, Director, Proof of Concept, University of Akron
- Taesun Cha Vice President, Operations, Kent Displays
- Jeff Moore President and CEO, Value Based Solutions, LLC
- Brad Long Global Director of Supply, Pentair
- Aaron Bates Commercialization Executive, The Ohio Federal Research Network
- Scot Rourke Chief Information and Transformation Officer, Cuyahoga County
- Anurag Khanna Founding Partner, Panacea Global Partners
Ready To Get Started?
Complete our short, centralized application form. Our team will review your information and assess whether your company is a fit the Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program.Apply Now
We’re always on the lookout for new mentors to help entrepreneurs grow. If you’re interested in volunteering your expertise, contact us at email@example.com.