The Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program
Through JumpStart’s Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program, successful Northeast Ohio entrepreneurs and executives share their knowledge, experience and expertise to guide the next generation of entrepreneurs.
The program provides advice and critical experience in areas such as sales, marketing, venture capital fundraising, board formation/management and human resources.
Ideal candidates for the program include startups and scaleups with high-growth potential and large-market opportunities, ranging from pre-revenue to cash-flow positive.
Each client of the Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program is matched with up to four mentors who meet on a consistent, ongoing basis.
Each mentor brings different experiences and expertise to the program, but they all find common ground in tackling the complex challenges faced by entrepreneurs.
Our mentors are seasoned business leaders and succesful entrepreneurs who have built and grown some of Northeast Ohio’s most successful companies.
These mentors donate their time to the program because they believe supporting the next generation of great business leaders is the key to creating a vibrant economy.
From founders and presidents of Fortune 500 companies to venture capitalists and leaders of nationally celebrated tech startups, our ever-growing network of mentors comes from a broad range of business backgrounds.
- JB Blackwelder Chief Financial Officer - VP Finance, Crown Battery
- Mike Burke Director, Rudolph Libbe
- Ralph Cutcher Owner, Brick House Partners, LLC
- Cathy Lippert Founder & Chief Practitioner, ProdOptic, LLC
- William Cooper Owner, Cooper Legal Group, LLC
- Marc Rossen Attorney at Law
- Mark Teague Managing Director, Venture Management Solutions Group
- Fehmida Kapadia Innovation Project Manager, NineSigma
- Gopal Nadkarni, Director, Proof of Concept, University of Akron
- Judi Feninger President & Executive Director, Gordon Square Arts District
- Scott Oldham Partner with Hahn, Loeser & Parks
- Todd Thompson Executive Vice President, Precision Dialogue
- Scot Rourke Chief Information and Transformation Officer, Cuyahoga County
- Chris Tjotjos Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Promithia
- Robert Hurwitz Co-Founder, Office Max
- JJ DiGeronimo President, Tech Savvy Women
- Mark Kasinec President & Founder, ChainRing Advisors
- Fred Binstock Managing Partner, Fred R Binstock & Associates, LLC
- Len Cosentino President & CEO, Checkpoint Surgical
- Mark Smith Trustee, Cleveland International Film Festival
- George Snider Of Counsel, Hennes Communications
- Brian Zollar Director of Business Development, Guardian Technologies
- Scott Stephens President, LiLEDs Lighting Products
- Dan Kellogg Managing Director & Co-Founder, Crystal Venture Funds
- Jennie Zamberlan President & CEO, Avantia, Inc.
- Dan Rose Angel Investor, Board Member and Entrepreneur
- Mark Molnar Chief Financial Officer, Corporate United
- Michael Jeans President, Growth Opportunity Partners
- Caroline Barni CMO, Tech Elevator
- Brad Long Global Director of Supply, Pentair
- Rodolfo Salas President, RSR International, Inc.
- Tom Furnas Senior Director of Technology, ideastream
- Paul Stupay Chief Strategist, GrowLogic LLC
- Marc Rosen President, The Vector Group
- Paul Patrizi President, Market One, LLC
- Kathryn Motiska Principal Consultant, Financial Management Consulting
- Rick Kluchin President, Encore Wealth Planning
- Jennifer Brooks Career Marketing Professional
- Dan Craft Finance Executive - Global Performance Improvement and Transformation
- Aaron Bates Commercialization Executive, The Ohio Federal Research Network
- Mark Hartel Technology Innovation Advisor
- Jeff Moore President and CEO, Value Based Solutions, LLC
- Lee Nielsen Owner, The Nielsen Group
- Michael McDonnell Partner, Renovata Partners
- Gene Groys Entrepreneur-in-Residence, Youngstown Business Incubator
- Alan Brenner Principal, A. S. Brenner Consulting
- Brian Gale President, I.D. Images
- William Aamoth Senior Finance Executive
- Bill Mooney Business Executive
- Jason Shefrin Executive Vice President, interDesign, Inc.
- Jon Cocco Global CEO
- Terry Ginley Director of Technology and Mergers & Acquisitions, Socius
- Tim Hansen CEO, CleanerFood, LLC
- Michael Goldberg Assistant Professor, Weatherhead School of Management, CWRU
- Michelle Moran Regional Director, Involta
- Steve Koliha Technology, Strategy & Sales Executive
- Jay Freund Partner, Canal Holdings, LLC
- Craig Petz Senior Manager, Value Based Solutions LLC
- Rob Matousek Director/GMM - eCommerce, American Greetings
- Alan Strauss Founder, Sales Concepts, Inc.
- Peter Chung Associate, Cyprium Partners
- Rita Brauneck Executive Coach
- Jim Stifler Economic Development Director, City of Hudson
- Jeanne Coughlin President, Coughlin Group
- Taesun Cha Vice President, Operations, Kent Displays
- Jack Harley Co-Founder & Co-President, First Power Group LLC
- Tom Barrett CEO, 7Signal
- Ofer Pinhasi VP Product Management, MedyMatch Technology Ltd.
- Linda Bluso President, Linda L. Bluso, LLC
- Tim Austin VP Sales, Group Management Services Inc.
- Samuel Gerace CEO, LaunchVector
- Nikki DiFilippo President and CMO, Via Vera Group
- Chris Sklarin Vice President, Edison Partners
- Darrell Spencer Global Manager of Supplier Development, Tenneco, Inc.
- Karen Adame Managing Partner, Operations
- Thomas Brown Vice President of Global Marketing, GE Healthcare
- Kara Carter Partner, Development, JumpStart
- Mike Ryan Operations Executive
- Rahul Aras President & CEO, Juventas Therapeutics
- Dale Mesnick Principal, PromiseTwo (NEOACQ Holdings)
Ready To Get Started?
Complete our short, centralized application form. Our team will review your information and assess whether your company is a fit the Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program.Apply Now
We’re always on the lookout for new mentors to help entrepreneurs grow. If you’re interested in volunteering your expertise, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.