The Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program
Through JumpStart’s Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program, successful Northeast Ohio entrepreneurs and executives share their knowledge, experience and expertise to guide the next generation of entrepreneurs.
The program provides advice and critical experience in areas such as sales, marketing, venture capital fundraising, board formation/management and human resources.
Ideal candidates for the program include startups and scaleups with high-growth potential and large-market opportunities, ranging from pre-revenue to cash-flow positive.
Each client of the Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program is matched with up to four mentors who meet on a consistent, ongoing basis.
Each mentor brings different experiences and expertise to the program, but they all find common ground in tackling the complex challenges faced by entrepreneurs.
Our mentors are seasoned business leaders and succesful entrepreneurs who have built and grown some of Northeast Ohio’s most successful companies.
These mentors donate their time to the program because they believe supporting the next generation of great business leaders is the key to creating a vibrant economy.
From founders and presidents of Fortune 500 companies to venture capitalists and leaders of nationally celebrated tech startups, our ever-growing network of mentors comes from a broad range of business backgrounds.
- Scot Adkins President/COO, Great Lakes Integrated
- Jeff Moore President and CEO, Value Based Solutions, LLC
- Taesun Cha Vice President, Operations, Kent Displays
- Fred Binstock Chief Financial Officer, Streamlink Software
- Mike Burke Director, Rudolph Libbe
- Samuel Gerace CEO, LaunchVector
- Rita Brauneck Executive Coach
- Dan Kellogg Managing Director & Co-Founder, Crystal Venture Funds
- Aaron Bates Commercialization Executive, The Ohio Federal Research Network
- Mark Kasinec President & Founder, ChainRing Advisors
- Scot Rourke Chief Information and Transformation Officer, Cuyahoga County
- Alan Strauss Founder, Sales Concepts, Inc.
- Tom Barrett CEO, 7Signal
- Tim Hansen CEO, CleanerFood, LLC
- Peter Chung Associate, Cyprium Partners
- Cathy Lippert Founder & Chief Practitioner, ProdOptic, LLC
- Bill Mooney Business Executive
- Linda Bluso President, Linda L. Bluso, LLC
- Heather Hall Marketing Executive
- John Opdycke VP of Marketing, Boundless Spatial, Inc.
- Ralph Cutcher Owner, Brick House Partners, LLC
- Rick Kluchin President, Encore Wealth Planning
- Brian Zollar Director of Business Development, Guardian Technologies
- Scott Stephens Principal, Great Lakes Light Works LLC
- Jim Stifler Economic Development Director, City of Hudson
- Mary Partin IT Executive, Cleveland Clinic
- Leonard Young Founder & President, Leonard D. Young Co., LLC
- Jay Freund Partner, Canal Holdings, LLC
- Mark Smith Trustee, Cleveland International Film Festival
- Marc Rossen Attorney at Law
- Mike Ryan Operations Executive
- Judi Feninger Business Executive
- Matthew Embacher Director, PNC Capital Markets LLC
- Kara Carter Partner, Advancement, JumpStart
- Karen Adame Managing Partner, Operations
- JB Blackwelder Chief Financial Officer - VP Finance, Crown Battery
- Bob Aber Founder & Principal Consultant, Aber Advisors
- Caroline Barni CMO, Tech Elevator
- William Cooper Owner, Cooper Legal Group, LLC
- Scott Oldham Partner with Hahn, Loeser & Parks
- Dan Rose Angel Investor, Board Member, Entrepreneur and I-Corps Ohio Instructor
- George Snider Of Counsel, Hennes Communications
- Ray DeAngelis Regional Provider Relations, ProMedica Health System/Paramount
- Craig Petz Senior Manager, Value Based Solutions LLC
- Nikki DiFilippo President and CMO, Via Vera Group
- Chris Tjotjos Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Promithia
- Chris Sklarin Vice President, Edison Partners
- Gene Groys Entrepreneur-in-Residence, Youngstown Business Incubator
- William Aamoth Senior Finance Executive
- Marc Rosen President, The Vector Group
- Jim Gilbride Area President, FocusCFO
- Tim Austin VP Sales, Group Management Services Inc.
- Jack Harley Co-Founder & Co-President, First Power Group LLC
- Ofer Pinhasi VP Product Management, MedyMatch Technology Ltd.
- Fehmida Kapadia Innovation Project Manager, NineSigma
- Mark Molnar Chief Financial Officer, Corporate United
- Dan Craft Director of Finance & Administration, Cleveland Hearing & Speech Center
- Brian Gale President, I.D. Images
- Gopal Nadkarni, Director, Proof of Concept, University of Akron
- JJ DiGeronimo President, Tech Savvy Women
- Rahul Aras President & CEO, Juventas Therapeutics
- Kathryn Motiska Principal Consultant, Financial Management Consulting
- Bob Gray Technical Innovation & Business Executive
- Todd Thompson Executive Vice President, Precision Dialogue
- Paul Stupay Chief Strategist, GrowLogic LLC
- Ed Rivalsky Healthcare Executive
- Rob Matousek Director/GMM - eCommerce, American Greetings
- Michael Goldberg Assistant Professor, Weatherhead School of Management, CWRU
- Jason Shefrin Executive Vice President, interDesign, Inc.
- Tom Furnas Principal, Inglewood Associates
- Mark Teague Chief Financial Officer, BioMotiv
- Alan Brenner Principal, A. S. Brenner Consulting
- Terry Ginley Director of Technology and Mergers & Acquisitions, Socius
- Jon Cocco Global CEO
- Thomas Brown Vice President of Global Marketing, GE Healthcare
- Mark Hartel Technology Innovation Advisor
- Jeanne Coughlin President, Coughlin Group
- Brad Long Global Director of Supply, Pentair
- Paul Patrizi President, Market One, LLC
- Jennifer Brooks Career Marketing Professional
- Dale Mesnick Principal, PromiseTwo (NEOACQ Holdings)
- Anurag Khanna Founding Partner, Panacea Global Partners
- Michelle Moran Senior Director of Sales, OH and PA, Involta
- Jennie Zamberlan President & CEO, Avantia, Inc.
- Len Cosentino President & CEO, Checkpoint Surgical
- Michael McDonnell Partner, Renovata Partners
Ready To Get Started?
Complete our short, centralized application form. Our team will review your information and assess whether your company is a fit the Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program.Apply Now
We’re always on the lookout for new mentors to help entrepreneurs grow. If you’re interested in volunteering your expertise, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.