JumpStart proudly announces the five small businesses selected to participate in its 20th cohort of the Small Business Impact Program, marking a significant milestone in its history. Celebrating a landmark 20th year, JumpStart is doubling its commitment to supporting local businesses by increasing the Impact Program Showcase top prize to $20,000. This increase underscores JumpStart’s enduring commitment to providing capital, services and connections to help local entrepreneurs grow and its dedication to advancing inclusive economic growth in Northeast Ohio.
Meet the Entrepreneurs
The 20th cohort of JumpStart’s Small Business Impact Program includes five diverse small businesses, specializing in sectors ranging from artisanal retail to consulting and holistic wellness services.
- Rebuilders Xchange, led by Jessica Davis, is redefining home improvement retail with a focus on sustainability and community.
- SERVE-U LLC, led by Brandi Rae Hicks, offers consulting and grant writing services help nonprofits gain an edge and advance their mission.
- Washington Wellness Institute LLC, spearheaded by William Washington, takes a holistic and modern approach to mental health and wellness.
- Crochet Kitty, founded by Abbie Elando-Swisher, merges craftsmanship with utility to produce unique, handmade cat toys.
- UnBar Cafe, envisioned by Melissa Garrett, brings a fresh perspective to café culture with an inclusive and vibrant community space.
The Impact Program, Cleveland’s leading small business accelerator, is a free 12-week business intensive ending with a pitch finale. While the typical top prize is $10K, the 20th cohort will feature a $20K grand prize with each entrepreneur receiving at least $5,000. Participants in the 20th cohort will receive personalized advising, hands-on education and access to impactful tools and resources with a special focus on strategic growth. These offerings reflect JumpStart’s commitment tailored support to help entrepreneurs thrive, wherever they are on their journey.
For additional information about the Small Business Impact Program and the innovative entrepreneurs of the 20th cohort, visit JumpStartInc.org. Stay tuned for updates on the finale pitch showcase and join us in celebrating the next generation of Northeast Ohio’s business leaders.
About JumpStart Inc.
JumpStart is a nationally recognized venture development organization providing capital, services and connections to help entrepreneurs grow and corporations innovate. Since 2004, JumpStart has been a catalyst for economic transformation across Ohio, providing a range of services including venture capital investment, intensive education programming, one-on-one advising and more to thousands of startups and small businesses