For organizations that are constrained in their commercialization efforts by an insufficient understanding of their markets, competitors, and customer preferences, the Market Opportunity Assessment (MOA) training provides a straight forward and flexible approach to addressing these needs.
This MOA training consists of three interactive, customized sections, each given a few weeks apart, and designed to provide methodologies and techniques focused on the following activities:
- Section #1 – Value Proposition Mapping (April 27): This up-front evaluation consists of brainstorming, listing intended customer benefits and linking these to mechanisms for delivery of value, and defining the bases for differentiation of your product or service.
- Section #2 – In-House Research (May 26): Commonly known as secondary research, this is a highly targeted effort to assess the market (principally size, segmentation, and growth), identify the customer base (customer types, customer organizations and the contacts within them) and size up the competition (competitor types, specific organizations and their value propositions) using data and information that already exists.
- Section #3 – Voice of the Customer (VOC) Research (June 29): VOC focuses on the same areas as In-House Research, but pursues primary information and insight through face-to-face interviews with customers and competitors. In many cases, this type of research is the best – and only – way to get actionable intelligence about customer priorities and motivations.
Funded and sponsored by the Small Business Administration and conducted by Bush Consulting and Team NEO, the Market Opportunity Assessment training is free to small and medium-sized emerging technology companies (preference given to Flexible Electronics and Advanced Energy companies).
If you, or someone within your organization, would like to participate, please e-mail Heidi Longaberger at [email protected] with contact information (name, email, telephone number) of those who will attend.
- All Upcoming Events
- December 2022
- February 2023
- All Categories
- Tech Startup Events
- Small Business Events
- Investor Events
- JumpStart Events
- Northeast Ohio Regional Events
- Northwest Ohio Regional Events