The Presbytery of the Western Reserve in Northeast Ohio provides small grant funding through the Presbyterian Self-Development of People program, which seeks to empower groups of economically poor, oppressed, and/or disadvantaged people. Grants are available to local grassroots cooperatives organizing to create progressive social change, economic opportunity, and a more just community.
Projects are typically awarded amounts of $3,000 or less. Additional funding may be available at other levels of the church. Overall funds are limited and the application process is competitive. While there is no religious affiliation requirement for a group to be considered for funding, projects must meet certain criteria:
- They may be either nonprofit or for-profit in style
- They must exhibit widely shared decision-making and leadership, carried-out by a group or co-op of around ten individuals
- They should demonstrate a benefit to the broader community
- They should be for peaceful and environmentally sustainable purposes
- Those who have the responsibility for executing the project must own and control it and be its direct beneficiaries
This free workshop will explain the program and provide detailed information about the application process; attendance is not required to apply for a grant. Beginning in January, application forms can be downloaded from the Presbytery website (www.preswesres.org; under “resources” click on “scholarships and grants”). Completed applications must be emailed to Joshua Daum at the Presbytery office ([email protected]). The DEADLINE for submitting proposals for 2017 grants will be Friday, March 31st at 4:00p.m.
Additional information about the SDOP process is available by contacting Yung-Tse Hung, Moderator of the Presbytery Self-Development of People Committee, at 440.238.0407 or [email protected]. For general information on the Self-Development of People program visit: www.pcusa.org/sdop/.
- All Upcoming Events
- December 2023
- January 2024
- All Categories
- Tech Startup Events
- Small Business Events
- Investor Events
- JumpStart Events
- Northeast Ohio Regional Events
- Northwest Ohio Regional Events