Whether you’re making a plan to weather the pandemic economy, or planning to grow your business, government contracts can provide new revenue streams. Learn strategies for getting a piece of that business, including how to get started and which certifications you should apply for on local, state and federal levels from our panel of business owners and governmental experts.
Panel Members, Entrepreneurs
- Haleema Shafeek, multi-award-winning business management expert and Owner of Green Office Furniture Solutions. Also a U.S. Army veteran, Black entrepreneur, and a mother of two.
- Shenna Fain, CEO of Guided Growth Consulting. GGC is MBE/ EDGE and WOSB certified.
- Melinda Gonzalez, Owner of All 4 You Cleaning Services. All 4 You Cleaning Services is MBE, WBE and SBE certified.
Panel Members, Industry Experts
- Bobbi Bell-Bartholomew, Program Administrator in the Equal Opportunity Division, Ohio Department of Administrative Services. She is the expert on MBE, EDGE, VBE, and the newly established Women-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) certifications.
- Jill Nagy-Reynolds, Business Development Specialist at the SBA, who advises entrepreneurs on contracting opportunities and the government procurement process.
- Jesse Mark, Program Manager for ECDI’s Capital for Construction program, which helps Black-, female- and minority-owned businesses grow by providing access to capital and training.
- All Upcoming Events
- October 2022
- November 2022
- February 2023
- All Categories
- Tech Startup Events
- Small Business Events
- Investor Events
- JumpStart Events
- Northeast Ohio Regional Events
- Northwest Ohio Regional Events