Join us for an at-home film screening of the documentary ‘Bias’ and a virtual conversation about how implicit bias is impacting venture capital across the country. Presented by JumpStart, CincyTech, Rev1 Ventures, the Entrepreneur Center and TechGrowth Ohio, this event is intended to induce meaningful change in entrepreneurial ecosystems throughout the US, Midwest and Ohio.
The virtual panel conversation, featuring Bias filmmaker, Robin Hauser, and industry leaders, will offer unique perspectives and provide an opportunity to explore how we can work together to make VC more equitable.
- Robin Hauser, Director, Bias
- Melvin Smith, Ph.D., Professor, Case Western Reserve
- Chris Powell, CEO, Talmetrix, Inc.
- Dionnica Gaston, Director of Talent, Rev1 Ventures
- Camila Negret, Midwest Market Diversity Leader, PwC
- Moderated by Ray Leach, CEO, JumpStart Inc.
Registered participants will receive an exclusive link with access to view the documentary and a Zoom link to the virtual panel one week prior to the event.
The Implicit Association Test (IAT) that is referenced in the film ‘Bias” measures implicit bias and helps sets the stage for the film and discussion. You can learn more and take the free online assessment here.
- All Upcoming Events
- December 2023
- January 2024
- All Categories
- Tech Startup Events
- Small Business Events
- Investor Events
- JumpStart Events
- Northeast Ohio Regional Events
- Northwest Ohio Regional Events