Register here to attend the Akron Regional Change Angel (ARCHAngels) meeting on Wednesday, November 8, 2017 from 3-5pm at the University of Akron’s Quaker Station.
ENGAGE and ACTIVATE with our network!
- 2:30 pm: Doors open
- 3:00 pm: Welcome & Introduction
- 3:15 pm: Guest Speaker:
- Ilene Shapiro, Summit County Executive – County Executive Ilene Shapiro recently shared the state of Summit County. She will be providing us with some remarks from that address with an emphasis on new initiatives.
- 3:30 pm: Startup Presentations
- Civically – Civically encourages us to dare I say it, act a little more civically. Their application allows residents and visitors of our communities to become more aware of what is going on around them, engage in new and deeper and ways, and break down walls that currently divide us.
- Hyr Medical – Hyr Medical, through its transparent online platform, is disrupting the traditional agency model for freelance healthcare staffing. We are creating a vastly better, faster and lower cost system where healthcare and the gig economy converge and millions of new freelance healthcare practitioners join the marketplace!
- Augment Therapy – Augment Therapy has a mission to dramatically improve the delivery of pediatric physical therapy by combining two things: Augmented-Reality and Telemedicine. Using their system and software, they can collect meaningful data and better engage today’s pediatric PT patient.
- Vlipsy – TechStars graduate Vlipsy is the next generation of YouTube, Vine, and Giphy. It is the first messaging platform that allows you to send GIF’s with sound. With Vlipsy, it’s not what you say, it’s how you say it.
- 4:15 pm: Guest Speaker:
- Darren Hudach, COO Cleveland HeartLab, Inc. – Cleveland HeartLab is the premier cardiovascular disease (CVD) management company with a comprehensive array of proprietary tests focused on improving the early identification of those with CVD risk. It was recently acquired by Quest Diagnostics (NYSE:DGX), a $7.5 billion dollar publicly traded company that plans on leveraging Cleveland HeartLab to establish a “national center of excellence” in cardiometabolic disorders.
- 4:30 pm: Upcoming meetings and adjourn
When: Wednesday, November 8, 2017 – Doors open at 2:30.
The program begins at 3 PM with a networking reception at 5 PM.
Where: Quaker Station at the University of Akron (Free parking, no passes needed)
130 East Mill Street, Akron, Ohio (OH) 44325
Directions to the Quaker Station at The University of Akron Campus
- All Upcoming Events
- October 2022
- November 2022
- February 2023
- All Categories
- Tech Startup Events
- Small Business Events
- Investor Events
- JumpStart Events
- Northeast Ohio Regional Events
- Northwest Ohio Regional Events