The Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program
Through JumpStart’s Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program, successful Northeast Ohio entrepreneurs and executives share their knowledge, experience and expertise to guide the next generation of entrepreneurs.
The program provides advice and critical experience in areas such as sales, marketing, venture capital fundraising, board formation/management and human resources.
Ideal candidates for the program include startups and scaleups with high-growth potential and large-market opportunities, ranging from pre-revenue to cash-flow positive.
Each client of the Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program is matched with up to four mentors who meet on a consistent, ongoing basis.
Each mentor brings different experiences and expertise to the program, but they all find common ground in tackling the complex challenges faced by entrepreneurs.
Our mentors are seasoned business leaders and succesful entrepreneurs who have built and grown some of Northeast Ohio’s most successful companies.
These mentors donate their time to the program because they believe supporting the next generation of great business leaders is the key to creating a vibrant economy.
From founders and presidents of Fortune 500 companies to venture capitalists and leaders of nationally celebrated tech startups, our ever-growing network of mentors comes from a broad range of business backgrounds.
- Brian Gale President, I.D. Images
- Chris Sklarin Vice President, Edison Partners
- Chris Tjotjos Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Promithia
- Ed Rivalsky Healthcare Executive
- Mark Teague Chief Financial Officer, BioMotiv
- Robert Hurwitz Co-Founder, Office Max
- Taesun Cha Vice President, Operations, Kent Displays
- Leonard Young Founder & President, Leonard D. Young Co., LLC
- Todd Thompson Executive Vice President, Precision Dialogue
- JJ DiGeronimo President, Tech Savvy Women
- Bill Mooney Business Executive
- Jeanne Coughlin President, Coughlin Group
- Marc Rosen President, The Vector Group
- Tom Furnas Principal, Inglewood Associates
- George Snider Of Counsel, Hennes Communications
- John Opdycke Chief Marketing Office, Vox Mobile
- Mark Hartel Technology Innovation Advisor
- Jason Shefrin Executive Vice President, interDesign, Inc.
- Alan Brenner Principal, A. S. Brenner Consulting
- Scott Stephens Principal, Great Lakes Light Works LLC
- Caroline Barni CMO, Tech Elevator
- Dan Kellogg Managing Director & Co-Founder, Crystal Venture Funds
- Linda Bluso President, Linda L. Bluso, LLC
- Michael Goldberg Assistant Professor, Weatherhead School of Management, CWRU
- Mike Ryan Operations Executive
- Rita Brauneck Executive Coach
- Scott Oldham Partner with Hahn, Loeser & Parks
- Mark Molnar Chief Financial Officer, Corporate United
- Kathryn Motiska Principal Consultant, Financial Management Consulting
- Jim Gilbride Area President, FocusCFO
- Paul Stupay Chief Strategist, GrowLogic LLC
- Jon Cocco Global CEO
- Craig Petz Senior Manager, Value Based Solutions LLC
- Darrell Spencer Global Manager of Supplier Development, Tenneco, Inc.
- Jack Harley Co-Founder & Co-President, First Power Group LLC
- Matthew Embacher Director, PNC Capital Markets LLC
- Jeff Moore President and CEO, Value Based Solutions, LLC
- Mark Smith Trustee, Cleveland International Film Festival
- Thomas Brown Vice President of Global Marketing, GE Healthcare
- Jennie Zamberlan President & CEO, Avantia, Inc.
- Ralph Cutcher Owner, Brick House Partners, LLC
- Peter Chung Associate, Cyprium Partners
- Rick Kluchin President, Encore Wealth Planning
- Gene Groys Entrepreneur-in-Residence, Youngstown Business Incubator
- Bob Aber Founder & Principal Consultant, Aber Advisors
- Paul Patrizi President, Market One, LLC
- Fehmida Kapadia Innovation Project Manager, NineSigma
- Anurag Khanna Founding Partner, Panacea Global Partners
- Jay Freund Partner, Canal Holdings, LLC
- Nikki DiFilippo President and CMO, Via Vera Group
- Mark Kasinec President & Founder, ChainRing Advisors
- Brad Long Global Director of Supply, Pentair
- Dale Mesnick Principal, PromiseTwo (NEOACQ Holdings)
- Tim Hansen CEO, CleanerFood, LLC
- Scot Adkins President/COO, Great Lakes Integrated
- Jennifer Brooks Career Marketing Professional
- Marc Rossen Attorney at Law
- JB Blackwelder Chief Financial Officer - VP Finance, Crown Battery
- Cathy Lippert Founder & Chief Practitioner, ProdOptic, LLC
- Alan Strauss Founder, Sales Concepts, Inc.
- Rodolfo Salas President, RSR International, Inc.
- Ofer Pinhasi VP Product Management, MedyMatch Technology Ltd.
- Len Cosentino President & CEO, Checkpoint Surgical
- Rob Matousek Director/GMM - eCommerce, American Greetings
- Dan Rose Angel Investor, Board Member and Entrepreneur
- Lee Nielsen Owner, The Nielsen Group
- Scot Rourke Chief Information and Transformation Officer, Cuyahoga County
- Gopal Nadkarni, Director, Proof of Concept, University of Akron
- William Aamoth Senior Finance Executive
- Rahul Aras President & CEO, Juventas Therapeutics
- Judi Feninger Business Executive
- Samuel Gerace CEO, LaunchVector
- Jim Stifler Economic Development Director, City of Hudson
- Brian Zollar Director of Business Development, Guardian Technologies
- Dan Craft Director of Finance & Administration, Cleveland Hearing & Speech Center
- William Cooper Owner, Cooper Legal Group, LLC
- Michael McDonnell Partner, Renovata Partners
- Kara Carter Partner, Development, JumpStart
- Tom Barrett CEO, 7Signal
- Karen Adame Managing Partner, Operations
- Michelle Moran Regional Director, Involta
- Aaron Bates Commercialization Executive, The Ohio Federal Research Network
- Terry Ginley Director of Technology and Mergers & Acquisitions, Socius
- Tim Austin VP Sales, Group Management Services Inc.
- Fred Binstock Chief Financial Officer, Streamlink Software
- Mike Burke Director, Rudolph Libbe
Ready To Get Started?
Complete our short, centralized application form. Our team will review your information and assess whether your company is a fit the Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program.Apply Now
We’re always on the lookout for new mentors to help entrepreneurs grow. If you’re interested in volunteering your expertise, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.