The Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program
Through JumpStart’s Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program, successful Northeast Ohio entrepreneurs and executives share their knowledge, experience and expertise to guide the next generation of entrepreneurs.
The program provides advice and critical experience in areas such as sales, marketing, venture capital fundraising, board formation/management and human resources.
Ideal candidates for the program include startups and scaleups with high-growth potential and large-market opportunities, ranging from pre-revenue to cash-flow positive.
Each client of the Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program is matched with up to four mentors who meet on a consistent, ongoing basis.
Each mentor brings different experiences and expertise to the program, but they all find common ground in tackling the complex challenges faced by entrepreneurs.
Our mentors are seasoned business leaders and succesful entrepreneurs who have built and grown some of Northeast Ohio’s most successful companies.
These mentors donate their time to the program because they believe supporting the next generation of great business leaders is the key to creating a vibrant economy.
From founders and presidents of Fortune 500 companies to venture capitalists and leaders of nationally celebrated tech startups, our ever-growing network of mentors comes from a broad range of business backgrounds.
- Dan Kellogg Managing Director & Co-Founder, Crystal Venture Funds
- Jim Stifler Economic Development Director, City of Hudson
- Alan Brenner Principal, A. S. Brenner Consulting
- Mark Kasinec President & Founder, ChainRing Advisors
- Bill Mooney Business Executive
- Thomas Brown Vice President of Global Marketing, GE Healthcare
- Judi Feninger President & Executive Director, Gordon Square Arts District
- Michael Jeans President, Growth Opportunity Partners
- Peter Chung Associate, Cyprium Partners
- Terry Ginley Director of Technology and Mergers & Acquisitions, Socius
- Jon Cocco Global CEO
- Chris Tjotjos Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Promithia
- Lee Nielsen Owner, The Nielsen Group
- Ofer Pinhasi VP Product Management, MedyMatch Technology Ltd.
- Anurag Khanna Founding Partner, Panacea Global Partners
- Scot Adkins President/COO, Great Lakes Integrated
- Jennifer Brooks Career Marketing Professional
- Bob Aber Founder & Principal Consultant, Aber Advisors
- Brad Long Global Director of Supply, Pentair
- Samuel Gerace CEO, LaunchVector
- Mark Smith Trustee, Cleveland International Film Festival
- Tim Austin VP Sales, Group Management Services Inc.
- Rick Kluchin President, Encore Wealth Planning
- Linda Bluso President, Linda L. Bluso, LLC
- William Aamoth Senior Finance Executive
- Rahul Aras President & CEO, Juventas Therapeutics
- Kara Carter Partner, Development, JumpStart
- Gopal Nadkarni, Director, Proof of Concept, University of Akron
- Mike Ryan Operations Executive
- Paul Patrizi President, Market One, LLC
- Jay Freund Partner, Canal Holdings, LLC
- Dale Mesnick Principal, PromiseTwo (NEOACQ Holdings)
- Tim Hansen CEO, CleanerFood, LLC
- Todd Thompson Executive Vice President, Precision Dialogue
- Brian Zollar Director of Business Development, Guardian Technologies
- Tom Furnas Senior Director of Technology, ideastream
- Michael McDonnell Partner, Renovata Partners
- Scott Oldham Partner with Hahn, Loeser & Parks
- Rob Matousek Director/GMM - eCommerce, American Greetings
- Taesun Cha Vice President, Operations, Kent Displays
- Fred Binstock Chief Financial Officer, Streamlink Software
- Gene Groys Entrepreneur-in-Residence, Youngstown Business Incubator
- Aaron Bates Commercialization Executive, The Ohio Federal Research Network
- Jason Shefrin Executive Vice President, interDesign, Inc.
- Tom Barrett CEO, 7Signal
- Scot Rourke Chief Information and Transformation Officer, Cuyahoga County
- George Snider Of Counsel, Hennes Communications
- Dan Craft Finance Executive - Global Performance Improvement and Transformation
- JJ DiGeronimo President, Tech Savvy Women
- Kathryn Motiska Principal Consultant, Financial Management Consulting
- Paul Stupay Chief Strategist, GrowLogic LLC
- Craig Petz Senior Manager, Value Based Solutions LLC
- Marc Rosen President, The Vector Group
- Michelle Moran Regional Director, Involta
- JB Blackwelder Chief Financial Officer - VP Finance, Crown Battery
- Mark Teague Managing Director, Venture Management Solutions Group
- Jack Harley Co-Founder & Co-President, First Power Group LLC
- Alan Strauss Founder, Sales Concepts, Inc.
- Rodolfo Salas President, RSR International, Inc.
- Chris Sklarin Vice President, Edison Partners
- Jeanne Coughlin President, Coughlin Group
- Marc Rossen Attorney at Law
- Jim Gilbride Area President, FocusCFO
- Dan Rose Angel Investor, Board Member and Entrepreneur
- Mark Molnar Chief Financial Officer, Corporate United
- William Cooper Owner, Cooper Legal Group, LLC
- Scott Stephens President, LiLEDs Lighting Products
- Jeff Moore President and CEO, Value Based Solutions, LLC
- Robert Hurwitz Co-Founder, Office Max
- Ed Rivalsky Healthcare Executive
- Nikki DiFilippo President and CMO, Via Vera Group
- Cathy Lippert Founder & Chief Practitioner, ProdOptic, LLC
- Darrell Spencer Global Manager of Supplier Development, Tenneco, Inc.
- Len Cosentino President & CEO, Checkpoint Surgical
- Mark Hartel Technology Innovation Advisor
- Jim Geuther Regional President and Managing Director, JPMorgan Chase
- Ralph Cutcher Owner, Brick House Partners, LLC
- Mike Burke Director, Rudolph Libbe
- Fehmida Kapadia Innovation Project Manager, NineSigma
- Michael Goldberg Assistant Professor, Weatherhead School of Management, CWRU
- Jennie Zamberlan President & CEO, Avantia, Inc.
- Caroline Barni CMO, Tech Elevator
- Karen Adame Managing Partner, Operations
- Rita Brauneck Executive Coach
- Brian Gale President, I.D. Images
Ready To Get Started?
Complete our short, centralized application form. Our team will review your information and assess whether your company is a fit the Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program.Apply Now
We’re always on the lookout for new mentors to help entrepreneurs grow. If you’re interested in volunteering your expertise, contact us at email@example.com.