The Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program
Through JumpStart’s Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program, successful Northeast Ohio entrepreneurs and executives share their knowledge, experience and expertise to guide the next generation of entrepreneurs.
The program provides advice and critical experience in areas such as sales, marketing, venture capital fundraising, board formation/management and human resources.
Ideal candidates for the program include startups and scaleups with high-growth potential and large-market opportunities, ranging from pre-revenue to cash-flow positive.
Each client of the Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program is matched with up to four mentors who meet on a consistent, ongoing basis.
Each mentor brings different experiences and expertise to the program, but they all find common ground in tackling the complex challenges faced by entrepreneurs.
Our mentors are seasoned business leaders and succesful entrepreneurs who have built and grown some of Northeast Ohio’s most successful companies.
These mentors donate their time to the program because they believe supporting the next generation of great business leaders is the key to creating a vibrant economy.
From founders and presidents of Fortune 500 companies to venture capitalists and leaders of nationally celebrated tech startups, our ever-growing network of mentors comes from a broad range of business backgrounds.
- Alan Brenner Principal, A. S. Brenner Consulting
- Fred Binstock Managing Partner, Fred R Binstock & Associates
- Chris Sklarin Vice President, Edison Partners
- Tom Furnas Managing Director, Inglewood Associates LLC
- Marc Rosen President, The Vector Group
- Mark Smith Trustee, Cleveland International Film Festival
- Len Cosentino President & CEO, Checkpoint Surgical
- John Kundtz Associate Partner, Sr. Global Business Development Executive, Sales Manager, IBM
- Brian Gale President, I.D. Images
- Thomas Brown Vice President of Global Marketing, GE Healthcare
- William Cooper Owner, Cooper Legal Group, LLC
- Brad Long Global Supply Chain and Sourcing Executive, Pentair
- Dan Rose Angel Investor, Board Member, Entrepreneur and I-Corps Ohio Instructor
- JJ DiGeronimo President, Tech Savvy Women
- Aaron Bates Commercialization Executive, The Ohio Federal Research Network
- Jim Gilbride Area President, FocusCFO
- Jay Freund Partner, Canal Holdings, LLC
- Leonard Young Founder & President, Leonard D. Young Co., LLC
- Rick Kluchin President, Encore Wealth Planning
- Mark Hartel Technology Innovation Advisor
- Michael McDonnell Partner, Renovata Partners
- Peter Chung Associate, Cyprium Partners
- Michelle Moran Vice President Sales, Involta
- George Snider Of Counsel, Hennes Communications
- Gopal Nadkarni, Associate Professor, University of Akron
- Dan Kellogg Managing Director & Co-Founder, Crystal Venture Funds
- Ofer Pinhasi VP Product Management, MedyMatch Technology Ltd.
- Ed Rivalsky Healthcare Executive
- Mark Molnar Chief Financial Officer, Corporate United
- Kathryn Motiska Principal Consultant, Financial Management Consulting
- Heather Hall Engagement Manager, Sales Benchmark Index
- Craig Petz Senior Manager, Value Based Solutions LLC
- Judi Feninger Business Executive
- Mike Burke Director, Rudolph Libbe
- Linda Bluso President, Linda L. Bluso, LLC
- Bob Gray Technical Innovation & Business Executive
- Mark Teague Chief Financial Officer, BioMotiv
- Jeff Moore President and CEO, Value Based Solutions, LLC
- John Opdycke VP of Marketing, Boundless Spatial, Inc.
- Taesun Cha Vice President, Operations, Kent Displays
- Gene Groys Entrepreneur-in-Residence, Youngstown Business Incubator
- Ralph Cutcher Owner, Brick House Partners, LLC
- Jason Shefrin Executive Vice President, interDesign, Inc.
- Fehmida Kapadia President, KapaMed Consulting
- Jack Harley Co-Founder & Co-President, First Power Group LLC
- Jeanne Coughlin President, Coughlin Group
- Paul Stupay Chief Strategist, GrowLogic LLC
- Dale Mesnick Principal, PromiseTwo (NEOACQ Holdings)
- Mark Kasinec President & Founder, ChainRing Advisors
- Cathy Lippert Founder & Chief Practitioner, ProdOptic, LLC
- Anurag Khanna Founding Partner, Panacea Global Partners
- Caroline Barni CMO, Tech Elevator
- Ray DeAngelis Regional Provider Relations, ProMedica Health System/Paramount
- Todd Thompson Executive Vice President, Precision Dialogue
- Mike Ryan Operations Executive
- Jon Cocco CEO & Owner, Feedall Automation
- Rahul Aras President & CEO, Juventas Therapeutics
- Bill Mooney Business Executive
- JB Blackwelder Chief Operating Officer, Thorson Companies
- Michael Claxton Business Executive
- William Aamoth Senior Finance Executive
- Chris Tjotjos Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Promithia
- Rita Brauneck Executive Coach
- Michael Goldberg Assistant Professor, Weatherhead School of Management, CWRU
- Karen Adame Managing Partner, Operations
- Terry Ginley Director of Technology and Mergers & Acquisitions, Socius
- Alan Strauss Founder, Sales Concepts, Inc.
- Scot Rourke Chief Information and Transformation Officer, Cuyahoga County
- Scott Oldham Partner with Hahn, Loeser & Parks
- Marc Rossen Attorney at Law
- Tom Barrett CEO, 7Signal
- Brian Zollar Director of Business Development, Guardian Technologies
- Jim Stifler Economic Development Director, City of Hudson
- Nikki DiFilippo President and CMO, Via Vera Group
- Mary Partin IT Executive, Cleveland Clinic
- Dan Craft Director of Finance & Administration, Cleveland Hearing & Speech Center
- Paul Patrizi President, Market One, LLC
- Matthew Embacher Director, PNC Capital Markets LLC
- Scot Adkins President/COO, Great Lakes Integrated
- Bob Aber Founder & Principal Consultant, Aber Advisors
- Lisa Gavales Executive Leader
- Scott Stephens Principal, Great Lakes Light Works LLC
- Rob Matousek Director/GMM - eCommerce, American Greetings
- Jennie Zamberlan President & CEO, Avantia, Inc.
- Tim Austin VP Sales, Group Management Services Inc.
- Tim Hansen CEO, CleanerFood, LLC
- Jen Lombardi Head Honcho & Creative Genius, Kiwi Creative
- Hal Yeager Managing Director and Co-Founder, CXO Advisory Group
- Heidi Grosowsky Product Director
- Samuel Gerace CEO, LaunchVector
- Kara Carter Partner, Advancement, JumpStart
Ready To Get Started?
Complete our short, centralized application form. Our team will review your information and assess whether your company is a fit the Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program.Apply Now
We’re always on the lookout for new mentors to help entrepreneurs grow. If you’re interested in volunteering your expertise, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.