The Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program
Through JumpStart’s Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program, successful Northeast Ohio entrepreneurs and executives share their knowledge, experience and expertise to guide the next generation of entrepreneurs.
The program provides advice and critical experience in areas such as sales, marketing, venture capital fundraising, board formation/management and human resources.
Ideal candidates for the program include startups and scaleups with high-growth potential and large-market opportunities, ranging from pre-revenue to cash-flow positive.
Each client of the Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program is matched with up to four mentors who meet on a consistent, ongoing basis.
Each mentor brings different experiences and expertise to the program, but they all find common ground in tackling the complex challenges faced by entrepreneurs.
Our mentors are seasoned business leaders and succesful entrepreneurs who have built and grown some of Northeast Ohio’s most successful companies.
These mentors donate their time to the program because they believe supporting the next generation of great business leaders is the key to creating a vibrant economy.
From founders and presidents of Fortune 500 companies to venture capitalists and leaders of nationally celebrated tech startups, our ever-growing network of mentors comes from a broad range of business backgrounds.
- Scott Stephens President, LiLEDs Lighting Products
- Michelle Moran Regional Director, Involta
- Brad Long Global Director of Supply, Pentair
- Mark Molnar Chief Financial Officer, Corporate United
- Jennifer Brooks Career Marketing Professional
- Alan Strauss Founder, Sales Concepts, Inc.
- Judi Feninger President & Executive Director, Gordon Square Arts District
- Kara Carter Partner, Development, JumpStart
- Gopal Nadkarni, Director, Proof of Concept, University of Akron
- Mark Teague Managing Director, Venture Management Solutions Group
- Craig Petz Senior Manager, Value Based Solutions LLC
- Scott Oldham Partner with Hahn, Loeser & Parks
- Tim Austin VP Sales, Group Management Services Inc.
- Todd Thompson Executive Vice President, Precision Dialogue
- Linda Bluso President, Linda L. Bluso, LLC
- Darrell Spencer Global Manager of Supplier Development, Tenneco, Inc.
- Jennie Zamberlan President & CEO, Avantia, Inc.
- Michael Jeans President, Growth Opportunity Partners
- Fred Binstock Managing Partner, Fred R Binstock & Associates, LLC
- Jay Freund Partner, Canal Holdings, LLC
- Steve Koliha Technology, Strategy & Sales Executive
- Samuel Gerace CEO, LaunchVector
- Tom Furnas Senior Director of Technology, ideastream
- Dan Craft Finance Executive - Global Performance Improvement and Transformation
- Peter Chung Associate, Cyprium Partners
- Aaron Bates Commercialization Executive, The Ohio Federal Research Network
- Caroline Barni CMO, Tech Elevator
- Paul Patrizi President, Market One, LLC
- Nikki DiFilippo President and CMO, Via Vera Group
- Rita Brauneck Executive Coach
- Mike Burke Director, Rudolph Libbe
- William Aamoth Senior Finance Executive
- Jim Stifler Economic Development Director, City of Hudson
- Brian Zollar Director of Business Development, Guardian Technologies
- William Cooper Owner, Cooper Legal Group, LLC
- Marc Rossen Attorney at Law
- Lee Nielsen Owner, The Nielsen Group
- Dale Mesnick Principal, PromiseTwo (NEOACQ Holdings)
- Rob Matousek Director/GMM - eCommerce, American Greetings
- Fehmida Kapadia Innovation Project Manager, NineSigma
- Ofer Pinhasi VP Product Management, MedyMatch Technology Ltd.
- JJ DiGeronimo President, Tech Savvy Women
- Michael McDonnell Partner, Renovata Partners
- Chris Sklarin Vice President, Edison Partners
- Taesun Cha Vice President, Operations, Kent Displays
- Tim Hansen CEO, CleanerFood, LLC
- Ralph Cutcher Owner, Brick House Partners, LLC
- George Snider Of Counsel, Hennes Communications
- Jon Cocco Global CEO
- JB Blackwelder Chief Financial Officer - VP Finance, Crown Battery
- Rick Kluchin President, Encore Wealth Planning
- Cathy Lippert Founder & Chief Practitioner, ProdOptic, LLC
- Len Cosentino President & CEO, Checkpoint Surgical
- Gene Groys Entrepreneur-in-Residence, Youngstown Business Incubator
- Jeff Moore President and CEO, Value Based Solutions, LLC
- Mark Hartel Technology Innovation Advisor
- Paul Stupay Chief Strategist, GrowLogic LLC
- Jack Harley Co-Founder & Co-President, First Power Group LLC
- Mark Smith Trustee, Cleveland International Film Festival
- Marc Rosen President, The Vector Group
- Dan Rose Angel Investor, Board Member and Entrepreneur
- Brian Gale President, I.D. Images
- Mark Kasinec President & Founder, ChainRing Advisors
- Bill Mooney Business Executive
- Kathryn Motiska Principal Consultant, Financial Management Consulting
- Scot Rourke Chief Information and Transformation Officer, Cuyahoga County
- Jason Shefrin Executive Vice President, interDesign, Inc.
- Alan Brenner Principal, A. S. Brenner Consulting
- Rodolfo Salas President, RSR International, Inc.
- Mike Ryan Operations Executive
- Michael Goldberg Assistant Professor, Weatherhead School of Management, CWRU
- Chris Tjotjos Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Promithia
- Thomas Brown Vice President of Global Marketing, GE Healthcare
- Terry Ginley Director of Technology and Mergers & Acquisitions, Socius
- Karen Adame Managing Partner, Operations
- Jeanne Coughlin President, Coughlin Group
- Tom Barrett CEO, 7Signal
- Rahul Aras President & CEO, Juventas Therapeutics
- Robert Hurwitz Co-Founder, Office Max
- Dan Kellogg Managing Director & Co-Founder, Crystal Venture Funds
Ready To Get Started?
Complete our short, centralized application form. Our team will review your information and assess whether your company is a fit the Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program.Apply Now
We’re always on the lookout for new mentors to help entrepreneurs grow. If you’re interested in volunteering your expertise, contact us at email@example.com.