Home > Entrepreneur Support > Funds > Other Funds
There are numerous pre-seed, seed and early-stage funds across Northeast Ohio and Ohio, and JumpStart has connections to them.
In helping entrepreneurs seek out their first external investment, we often first focus on funds that are members of the JumpStart Entrepreneurial Network, a connected group of entrepreneurial support organizations that share best practices and deal flow.
- Akron BioInvestments Funds - The Rapid Commercialization Loan Fund and The Product Development Fund are funds designated for companies focused on orthopedics, wound healing, cardiovascular science, the use of biomaterials, the use of medical information technology and the development of medical devices.
- Alliance Startup Fund supports entrepreneurs interested in growing their tech-based ideas into companies in the City of Alliance by offering payment-deferred, low interest loans of up to $35,000.
- Appleseed Microfinance provides loans between $1,000 and $35,000 to Northeast Ohio small businesses with annual revenues of less than $1,000,000.
- Barberton Growth Fund supports entrepreneurs in the City of Barberton by offering payment-deferred, low interest loans of up to $50,000.
- Canton Entrepreneur Launch provides grants to entrepreneurs who plan to locate new, high growth business ventures in the city of Canton.
- Concept Capital provides Northeast Ohio college students or recent college graduates with innovative product or service businesses that can be deployed on a larger scale.
- Glengary LLC invests $100,000 to $1,500,000 in early stage healthcare, IT, applied technologies and business services companies.
- Innovation Fund provides up to $100,000 grants or loans to promising technology-based startups located in or willing to locate to Northeast Ohio.
- North Coast Angel Fund invests seed funding, typically $250,000 with $200,000 held in reserve for possible follow-on investment, in early stage, high growth technology companies.
- Cuyahoga County North Coast Opportunities Fund provides payment-deferred, low interest loans ranging from $25,000 to $125,000 to Cuyahoga-County-based companies to complete a specific initiative or project that is expected to make the company significantly more attractive to pre-seed investors.
- Tech Sprout provides small amounts of funding to help early stage entrepreneurs turn their high-tech ideas into viable businesses. The regionally focused fund, administered by Mansfield’s Braintree Business Development Center, is designed to help move ideas toward commercialization.
- Wooster Opportunity Loan Fund provides payment-deferred, low-interest loans of as much as $35,000 to early stage, high growth companies located in or willing to relocate to Wayne County.
Visit the JumpStart Entrepreneurial Network to learn about these and other resources or to apply to any of these resources.