Thursday, September 24, 2009
Posted by Cathy Belk
JumpStart's 4th Annual Community Meeting will be October 9th from 7:30 - 10:00 am in the John S. Knight Center in Akron. While hundreds of people have RSVP'd already, if you haven't yet, here are a few reasons that you will want to register right now:
6) The donut machine for fresh donuts with customized toppings! I dare you to find a better start to a Friday than a freshly-made donut with chocolate frosting alongside a steaming hot cup of coffee.
5) A tie between two things:
3) Over 350
- There's no cost. Two and a half hours of entertainment plus breakfast, for no cost. No better bargain anywhere on October 9th, that's for sure.
- Your chance for 15 minutes of fame due to our roving reporter. Find Tiffan Clark to share your live comments about the growth of our entrepreneurial ecosystem, the amazing entrepreneurs, or those donuts, on video.
of your fellow entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, civic leaders, community members, and JumpStart associates. The first hour and a half (7:30 - 9:00 am), when you have the chance to enjoy the company of your friends in our entrepreneurial community, will feel like ten minutes.
2) Special guest speakers
. Of course Ray
will speak in the program that starts at 9:00 am, but we will have several other guests from (SPOILER ALERT!) the EDA in Washington DC, people you don't get to hear from every day. The Economic Development Administration is one of the leading agencies providing funds from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, so you'll have the opportunity to hear the Administration's vision for deploying those funds to spark innovation and generate job growth.
1) The Showcase of Entrepreneurs
, where you will be inspired and thrilled by the ingenuity and passion of 30 of the region's most talented entrepreneurs, all of whom are leading JumpStart portfolio and client companies. There's absolutely no way to feel more excited about the future of our region and our potential than to talk with these entrepreneurs.
And, thank you to Dollar Bank and Ernst & Young, the two sponsors for our Annual Meeting. See you on the 9th
Cathy Belk is the Chief Marketing Officer of JumpStart. She specializes in branding, marketing communications, and business management. She brings 16+ years of experience in a variety of marketing and business roles, but gets her energy from working daily with entrepreneurs and their growing companies.