Area small business owners can now apply for Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program at Cuyahoga Community College. Selected participants can access one-on-one business advising sessions from dedicated professionals to help develop a plan specifically tailored for their growth. How do you know if you’re a fit? Business owners eligible to apply for the program generally have been in business for two years or more and typically have at least four employees and a revenue stream of anywhere from $150,000 to $4 million per year.
Attendance is mandatory for entrepreneurs lucky enough to earn a spot . . . maybe that’s why the competitive program has a 95% graduation rate. Why should you apply to Northeast Ohio’s newest resource?
1. You’ll learn from the experts. You’ll be taking a hands-on 11-session business course designed by Babson College, a leader in entrepreneurship education, and acquire practical business skills in contract negotiation, finance, and people management.
2. You’ll invest in yourself. This is a great chance to learn to identify opportunities, develop your leadership skills and maximize your business operations.
3. You’ll get customized business assistance. Entrepreneurs receive one-on-one business advising and create their own individualized business growth plan.
4. You’ll make connections. Learn from and with other small business owners in a collaborative setting, gaining insight from years of collective business experience.
5. It’s absolutely free. If you are selected to participate, you will receive a full scholarship to the program.
To learn more about the program in Northeast Ohio, visit jumpstartnetwork.org/10ksb.
Cathy Belk is the Chief Relationship Officer of JumpStart. She specializes in branding, marketing communications, and business and relationship management. She brings 16+ years of experience in a variety of marketing and business roles, but gets her energy from working daily with entrepreneurs and their growing companies.