- A formal expression of opinion or intention made, usually after a year spent eating/drinking too much, not exercising, not spending time with friends and loved ones, procrastinating, fundraising for Herman Cain, and other pursuits generally deemed as bad for one’s physical or mental wellbeing.
- The mental state or quality of determination: firmness of purpose to do something… anything, before reverting to the status quo three weeks later.
The month of January is named after Janus, the Roman god of gates and doorways. It is an opportunity to set a new direction for yourself, your company or your waistline. Fortunately, creating new jobs and growing businesses is not the sort of resolution that loses steam after a few weeks (like so many diets and P90-X promises). This talent report has a few resolutions coming up in the near future. But for now, I’ll stick to the new jobs, and there are plenty, from tech startups around Northeast Ohio.
There are more than 55 open positions at JumpStart client and portfolio companies. Among them are these new additions:
- Thermalin is a next-generation insulin developer, targeting the $14B worldwide insulin market. After receiving some very promising pre-clinical data, they are seeking a Protein Purification Chemist and Laboratory Associate to prepare the company for in-human clinical trials of its insulin analogs.
- Cost containment measures are like oxygen to health care providers. OnShift Software provides unbeatable ROI in one of the costliest areas for long term care providers: staff scheduling and shift management. OnShift is looking for a Senior Linux Systems Administrator to join their growing team.
- Got pain? If so, you’re not alone. Over 50 million Americans suffer from some form of chronic pain. BodyPhyx develops therapeutic equipment that address the cause of many forms of pain: neural tension. The company is hiring a VP of Sales and Marketing to join as a key early leader in this promising, young company.
- Streamlink Software provides non-profit organizations with web-based tools that allow them to streamline grant and board management processes so that they can focus their energy on their mission. In addition to a .Net Developer, Streamlink is hiring a Product Sales Specialist.
- Recently featured in Crain’s Cleveland, MOVBand is a simple and stylish pedometer and fundraising platform invented by a teacher and fitness instructor who wanted to help make our children healthier and more active. Founded by serial entrepreneurs, MOVBand is seeking two Sales and Business Development professionals, including one focused on Corporate Wellness, to build off of their successful pilot launch.
- Catacel provides catalyst solutions for the chemical production and oil/gas industries, saving energy consumption costs and improving throughput. The company is hiring an Application Engineer to work with customers and technical staff to deliver new solutions and generate revenue.
- Embrace Pet Insurance is a leader in the growing pet insurance market, an opportunity to provide peace of mind to the 100+ million households in the US that own a cat or dog. Sorry, no figures were available for fish, snake or honey badger owners. The company is hiring a Dynamics CRM and ASP.NET Application Developer.
To access the complete list of job openings at technology startups in the region, click here and follow @JumpStart_Jobs on Twitter for continuous updates and new listings.
Robert Hatta is JumpStart's Vice President of Entrepreneurial Talent. He has worked at several startup companies in Northeast Ohio and Silicon Valley, as well as other high growth, technology companies across the U.S. and Europe. Through these experiences, Robert has gained an extensive understanding of the culture and needs of high growth companies with a particular focus on talent.